Wednesday, April 21, 2010

411 South 31st

Yesterday we (really just Steve) finally closed on our house! I don't get to be on the loan: I have student loans and am 'self-employed', which doesn't count. I'm just telling everyone that I am a liability in our marriage.  Anyway, the house has 4 units, 2 duplexes on one property. They are all currently occupied, which is wonderful since we don't have to find renters! Unfortunately for some, we want to live there (and they were stabbed in our alley), so they have 30 days to move out, we'll do a little apartment shuffle, and in the end wind up in the upstairs, front house unit. That will hopefully happen by June 1st, but until then we remain in our rental, which is half empty (or full?) since the Basye's moved out last week. My new mission: choosing paint colors. Suggestions welcome!

Front House:
[fence and concrete to be removed at a later date]

Back House:

P.S. The Basye's closed on their house (which is right next door) on the same day. I am a skeptic, but things like this don't just happen. God is an amazing orchestrator (is that a word?), who does amazing things for His people!

No comments:

Post a Comment