And this morning I took this little punkin to get her first haircut:
On Monday I turned in the last paperwork to enroll this little man in kindergarten:
Awhile back my mom was talking about how amazing it is that all of one's children can be so different, even at so young. That is certainly true.
But we are also different with each of them. I am certainly not the same as my 23 year old, first-time-mom self.
I have matured.
But more importantly,
My children have changed me.
I'm not so quick to put down the sleeping baby from the rocking chair, or sleep-train, or push for that next developmental milestone (wouldn't you prefer the baby to stay where you put it anyway?).
Because they
never
stop
changing.
And sometimes I find I just can't keep up with how fast it is going by, even in the midst of a slow-crawling, when-will-my-husband-ever-get-home day.
The old ladies always stop you in the grocery store to tell you how quickly it goes by, and to cherish every moment before it's gone and they've all grown up.
And guess what?
I am learning that they are right.



No comments:
Post a Comment