Before Rylan was born, we wanted Ansley off of the pacifier and into a big girl bed. This meant rearranging to give her Isaac's twin bed and getting a new bed for Isaac.
I decided to get all DIY and looked up some bed plans, since buying a bed was looking far more expensive.
I found this bed and thought it would be super fun:
I was sure I could build it myself, so I consulted the live-in builder for some advice and headed to the hardware store. A few phone calls to aforementioned builder and a couple of sales associate consultations later, we had the hooks, screws, bolts and rope we needed.
My builder cut the wood for me, and I thought surely I could whip this thing together in no time. He informed me that what would have taken me hours (did I mention I am not so good with the drill?) he could throw together in less than hour.
What's a girl to do?
I stepped aside and let the real men work
Since he was so good at putting it together, coupled with the bed weighing, umm, a lot, not to mention I was about 7 months pregnant at this point, I went ahead and let him hang it, too.
Turned out pretty nicely, if I do say so myself.
I should probably also mention that along with my poor drilling skills, I am not so good at tying knots. My builder took care of that, too. Such a nice guy.
It's been awhile so I don't have the exact numbers, but total cost of the bed was less than $100!
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment