Thursday, July 21, 2011

A Revolution

This post is going to be about small kitchen appliances. Lame, I know. But when you're a stay at home mom, it doesn't take much.

Let's start with my new addiction: coffee. It was slow-coming for a long time, lattes and espressos when I was out or needed extra energy. Then came Ansley. We keep her around because she's just so darned cute, but seriously, the girl still has not gotten the sleep-through-the-night thing down. I was eeking by on cokes and trips to City Brew, but that gets expensive. Then some sweet friends of ours bought us this:

(just because)

Well, it was all over once that thing made its way into our kitchen. A single cup of coffee in 60 seconds, with flavors like "Island Coconut" and "Hawaiian Hazelnut." Umm...yes please. 

We were out of coffee for this little guy this morning. First item on the agenda: hit up Sonic for a coke. And a breakfast burrito for good measure... [thankfully Fedex came through and delivered our next shipment this afternoon]

And appliance number two up for bragging rights today...


That's right, I bought the appliance that everyone has seen on a lame-o infomercial. Me and this guy have been spending a lot of time together. With Isaac I discovered how much cheaper it can be to make your own baby food. I used a food processor, which worked well, but wasn't mine. Those bad boys are expensive and a pain in the neck to clean. Again, enter Ansley. I had been eyeing this for awhile after hearing someone talk about how amazing it was, but I needed to do some research and find out.

Well, the verdict was quite mixed. Some people said they loved it, lasted forever, etc etc while others said theirs last only a few months, motor died, etc etc. Well, if it had been my dream, researched for months, stalked on ebay for weeks, stroller, I wouldn't have spent the money. But I decided since it wasn't expensive, and I had a coupon, I would go through three or four before I had spent the amount of money a good food processor costs. So I marched up to Costco and bought it.

Good news: I love it. Perfectly pureed baby food in seconds. Literally. Easy to clean, and takes up very little space. I can't speak to the longevity, but thus far the Magic Bullet and I are good friends.

Coming soon: coffee from the Keurig to make a frappe in the Magic Bullet. I can hardly stand the anticipation! [except this idea always comes at night...when I most certainly cannot under any circumstances drink coffee]

No comments:

Post a Comment