We just got back from a 12 day circuit of St. Louis, Memphis and Columbia. So I think I'll write a few posts over the next few days highlighting our experiences (and I still need to collect some pictures to add).
We spent the first weekend of our trip back in Memphis. "Uncle" Larry was gracious enough to share his whole upstairs with us, so we took over with our tornado of suitcases and toys. It was refreshing to catch up with old friends, spend a couple lazy afternoons not doing much, and revisit some of our favorite places (including multiple trips to sonic and chick fil a). We've yet to find suitable mexican food here in Billings so we made sure to enjoy some Los Compadres while we were there.
One of the greatest highlights was visiting our old church for their celebration service. There were lots of new faces, but many old ones to catch up with. As always, the best part was being able to listen to and join in the worship of the many Burundi refugee families. It is such a picture to me of all the nations worshiping together before the Lord, and encouragement that people from such different histories and walks of life can join in worship and service together.
We spent the last evening in Memphis having dinner and hanging out with our Memphis 'family.' It was a great reminder of how the Lord gives us people who will always be like family to us, even if we move all the way across the country.
The Family
These 2 definitely get Entertainers of the Year Award. Isaac woke up every morning and from every nap asking for Doug and Colby. They introduced him to a new game: living room frisbee golf. It was a hit (although I can't say I want to have it in my own living room).
No comments:
Post a Comment