Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Red Lodge, MT

A couple of weeks ago we made the 45 minute drive to Red Lodge, MT for a Saturday trip. Our zoo membership here got us into the nature center in Red Lodge for free, and then afterward we walked through the little downtown mainstreet area and had a great pizza lunch.  Red Lodge is at the base of the Beartooth Mountains, so we took advantage and drove as high up as we could. They close the Beartooth Pass for the winter every year, so we could only go about 10 miles up before we had to turn around. It was beautiful and peaceful as we drove through the mostly untouched National Forest where snow is already piling up. It's amazing how close we are to such amazing things! We're excited for the chance to drive all the way up when spring comes and the snow melts off.

Elijah & Isaac enjoying the animals at the nature center:





Beautiful mountain scenery:







Isaac enjoying the ride home:




4 comments:

  1. You Won the $50 Visa card from We are THAT family!! Please email me kristenwrites@yahoo.com!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tasha, Please contact me by tomorrow or I'll have to choose another winner. I'm so sorry, I don't have any other way to contact you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I followed over from Kristen's blog and wanted to say hi! (We're in Billings)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Beartooth is so beautiful and Red Lodge is such a cute town! Speaking of cute, your boys are very handsome!

    ReplyDelete