Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Project of the Century



When we were building our house, a friend sent Steve an email with a picture of a "penny floor."  A whole floor seemed like a lot of work, but I did a little research and decided that our new island bar top would become a penny counter top.

Finally, finally, we have gotten to this highly anticipated project. So here goes:

Plywood base:


Concrete board, spray painted black for the background:


Steel edging, and approximately $31 in pennies:


Slave labor:






Self-leveling, bar quality epoxy:






Torch to pop the air bubbles:


And there she is!





Definitely one of my favorite parts of the new house!




2 comments:

  1. I love it! Its beautiful! WOW!! Looks like fun in the house!
    Abundance Amoungus!
    Love,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! I have a feeling that Melissa was overjoyed at being your slave labor for a project like that.
    :)

    ReplyDelete