I just finished watching this video.
I haven't had much time to process its contents, but I am deeply moved to conviction on what it has to say. Since becoming a believer God has changed my ignorant and world-informed views (similar to many represented on the video) on abortion to align with His. Since having my own children my academic understanding of God's ways have turned to deep sadness and grief over the fact that this goes on mostly unchecked in so many places in our country.
The world shies away from anything dogmatic. As believers, many, including myself, shy away as well. Not because we don't hold some truths to be incontrovertible, but because we are afraid. We tell ourselves we are afraid to turn people away from the faith. But, if I am honest, it's really because I am afraid they won't like me. Because they will reject me. And so I hide what I know to be true. I'm like Peter in the courtyard telling everyone I've never met Jesus. That's some other guy. I'm not that Christian.
I am convicted in knowing that I am afraid to take a stand for what I know to be true. I am convicted because I am afraid that I would drive the bulldozer. There is a part of me that would want to. I am convicted because, if we follow the analogy, I AM driving the bulldozer.
My hope is that this video would not be another dogmatic divider between believers and non believers. Another "these people go to hell and these people don't" issues. That is not my purpose here and I don't think it was Comfort's. He raises many important questions and things to consider. I pray that our belief systems and actions would align with what our mouths profess. That this video would be the beginning of conversations in which God can be glorified and His character is revealed.
I couldn't get the link to work. What video is it because I would love to watch it?
ReplyDeleteSorry! Should work now
ReplyDelete