Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Catching Up

Although you wouldn't know it by this blog, we haven't entirely fallen off the face of the planet. After an extraordinarily busy and stressful season we are....heading into another possibly extraordinarily busy season. I suppose it would be fair of me to admit that this is a theme in my life. I promise I'm working on it.

Here is a recap of the last couple months:


 (wow this is painfully overdue) We celebrated Ansley's first Halloween with the standard neighborhood trick or treat. It was wet and chilly, and I had class that night so we kept it brief. Of course, we got our share of peanut & peanut butter filled candy once the kids were in bed! Wouldn't want the poor boy getting sick, would we?


 Thanksgiving began with our first venture into cutting our own Christmas tree. It was a fun family outing that we've decided to turn into a family tradition (who can beat a five dollar Christmas tree?) Then we had dinner with church friends and their family. We spent the rest of the weekend decorating for Christmas, and for the first time felt like we were prepared to have a peaceful, worshipful Advent season.


Right before Christmas Ansley and I traveled to Memphis to visit our friend Leigh who was back in the States after being gone for almost two years! It was a great reunion of friends, but of course far too brief. Right around this time Ansley picked up the ability to wave (and thus garner significant attention from strangers) so she (and everyone around us) was kept quite entertained on our flights!


 My parents were able to join us for Christmas. Mom did lots of crafts and baking with Isaac and both kids loved all of the attention. Christmas day brought friends Doug, Colby and Larry in to visit from out of town, and the whole crew plus the Basyes and a friend from church all crammed into the "shoebox" for some tasty prime rib dinner. Speaking of the "shoebox", we (mostly Steve, I just show up and watch) broke ground on a new house! More on that in an upcoming post, but here are my wonderful men getting some lot-clearing done:


No comments:

Post a Comment