Tuesday, October 27, 2009

10 Things About Life in Montana

Here is some random info about our new life:

1.  No one is in a hurry. If you're behind someone who slows down to turn, you don't get over and pass them. Weird.

2. There is a 35 cent coke machine a few blocks from our house. It does not accept dimes.

3. It's true: the cold here does not feel as cold as St. Louis or Memphis. They say it's because the air is dry. I'm not complaining.

4. I don't have to drive 20 minutes to get to Costco (or pretty much anywhere). I have already been there 4 times.

5. There are 3 other Isaacs within a few block radius of our house. The only neighborhood boys we have met are named Isaac. Seriously.

6. The neighborhood streets are so wide that if you park across the street it makes your car look tiny. We can make a full u-turn in a suburban without reversing.

7. The words 'share' 'take turns' 'mine' and 'please' take on a whole new meaning when you have a 2 and 3 year old living together.

8. There is no Sonic in Billings. Breakfast burritos from Taco John's don't even compare.

9. Billings has a 7th Avenue South, 7th Avenue North, 7th Street West, South 7th Street West, and North 7th Street. I still have not figured out this system. (And though you might think these all run north, south, east and west, they do not. Some are diagonal. This confuses me more)

10. There is one used Mazda5 in Billings. The next closer one is 200 miles away. There is one new Mazda5 in Billings. We cannot order one, they will not get more. That's it. We still don't have a car.

2 comments:

  1. keep us posted on how the Isaacs come to name each other to differentiate one from the other. that should be fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nathan and I are both laughing. Please do not eat anything else from Taco John's. My stomach turned as I imagined the sign. (I imagined a pirate on the sign in my mind...not sure why...Long JOHN Silver...that is why.)

    ReplyDelete