It's a simple question, and people ask it all the time. I hate it.
I hate it because it's complicated and I don't want to explain. Well, I'm a stay at home mom, and pretty much anyone who isn't the same thing has no idea what to ask you about after that. ("Oh...that's great...")
I'm also a full-time student. But I really hate that answer, because it not infrequent that I am told I look less-than-my-age (like the lady at the Y who told me how nice it was of me to take my little brother to play at the gym, or the lovely teenager at the mall who told me I had to be 18 to sign the waiver for a baby to get her ears pierced...). Saying I'm a student automatically puts me in the 18-22 age range.
Like I said, it's complicated. So here is what I "did" today:
- Slept while my sweet husband fed our children. By the time I was up, the four year old was off to school and the one year old was headed back to bed. Score.
- Drank coffee and checked email in peace and quiet
- Determined whether or not three fake children qualified for Special Education services
- Changed a poopy diaper
- Forced myself to run 20 minutes while reading the community calendar for fun kid-things to do
- Sat in the sauna at the Y and prayed. More peace. Score again.
- Picked up neighbor and four year old from school.
- Picked up lunch, enjoyed eating with family
- Sat outside in beautiful weather with kids & neighbors
- Put kids to bed for naps
- Diagnosed fake man with Schizophrenia. Then debated online with group about his functioning level and whether his symptoms were episodic or continuous
- Read Bible. Prepared for Bible Study.
- Wrote a paper on my chosen theory of counseling and assimilated integration of said theory
Well, that's as far as I am today. Soon I'll be adding waking up children, carpooling to Chi-Tu-Do, more poopy diapers, making dinner, and discussing self-care for therapists with another group online before hanging out with my husband & going to bed.
So, what do you do?
No comments:
Post a Comment