In case you haven't noticed...diapers are expensive. I would rather not know the total amount of money we spent on diapers for Isaac. I bought some cloth diapers for him once, but they filled with pee in about an hour and I wasn't dedicated enough to figure out a good system.
Well, this time I was pretty determined to master cloth diapering and save same money (and the environment I suppose). I got some recommendations from friends and decided I liked the gDiapers the best. You can either use cloth inserts or biodegradable ones that you can flush or compost. We are using the cloth inserts because the others are just as expensive as disposable diapers. We lucked out and found them buy one, get one free on Cyber Monday so we bought everything we would need until Ansley is potty trained. (total cost: $180--what we probably spent in a couple of months on disposables)
The verdict so far...they are AWESOME. If you have ever had a newborn, you know that in disposables they have "blowouts" pretty often. We haven't had a single one in 2 weeks of cloth diapering. The part that makes it super easy: the diaper sprayer. It is attached to the water supply of the toilet and has high water pressure to spray all the gross stuff off without having to swish around in the toilet. Definitely worth every penny!
Woo hoo! I'm kinda thinking of expanding my inventory for baby #2 when the time comes. Let me know in a few months if you still like gDiapers. :)
ReplyDeleteoh my gosh she is so cute!
ReplyDelete