Seems like lately we've been confronted with the struggle and suffering of many people who are close to us. We can all relate: life can often feel like a constant battle against something.
There have been many significant portions of our marriage that have been serious, heart-wrenching struggle. With one another. With God. With the world. So many times I have thought: God, why is this happening? Why can't things just be 'normal'? Why can't we just get it right? Why does this have to be so hard?
The more I experience hardship, particularly through marriage, but in other areas of life as well, I see the great love the Father has lavished upon us. What? That doesn't make any sense!
God is looking into my heart, into my marriage, into my relationship with Him. He sees what I don't see. I like the status quo, but God wants to give me so much more than I could ever ask or imagine. And He does it by refining me. By taking those little parts of my heart (that I don't even know are there) and drawing them out. He makes those parts of my heart His own. And it doesn't usually feel good.
But it is Good.
No comments:
Post a Comment